Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tessia Brixey | Alief ISD

"For my first few years of teaching, I was actually a member of another teacher organization, which I joined at a new teacher meeting before I even started working. The reason? They gave me a really neat bag of goodies for signing up. I didn't know anything about any of the organizations, other than that I should join one. After a few years of what seemed to be a lot of money being withdrawn from my paycheck, a friend of mine became the campus rep for ATPE. She asked me which group I was a member of and told me about ATPE and how it was different and more teacher-friendly, as well as being more affordable. I switched that same day, and after a couple of years, she asked me to take over as campus rep, as she was moving to another campus. I thought this was a great opportunity and said yes--again, the same day she asked."

No comments: