Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gayle Galloway Sampley | Humble ISD

"My mother, Frances Duff Galloway, was the one who insisted I join ATPE when I started teaching over 20 years ago. Mom was a homemaking education teacher who had taught in Santa Rosa ISD alongside ATPE's first president Alafair Hammett. When that district made unfair choices in the 1980s about how the first career ladder money would be distributed, ATPE's attorney Jay Brim successfully represented Mom and the vocational agriculture teacher, getting them the share they deserved of that merit pay. Being a member of ATPE is a family tradition. My sister Mary Kay Erben is an elementary GT teacher in Comal ISD, sister Carol Galloway Hagler is an elementary instructional coach in Dallas ISD, and my sister Susan Galloway Bitts is an elementary school nurse in Dallas ISD. My daughter Stephanye Sampley was a kindergarten teacher in Goosecreek ISD, and until just recently, my niece Laura Erben Pfister, was a middle school math teacher for Alvin ISD. We are all proud members of ATPE. Mother Teresa said: 'Love begins by taking care of the closest ones—the ones at home.' My mom did that by teaching us about the protection ATPE provides. Mother knows best!"

No comments: