Monday, August 19, 2013

Mary Sue Brown | Plano ISD

"For the past 17 years, counting this upcoming school year, I have taught fifth-grade at my wonderful community elementary school. This is the same school that my own three children attended. When I first resumed my teaching career after taking time off being a full-time mom, I heard the other teachers in my school discussing ATPE. There were several of the older, very respected teachers who were members and who encouraged me to join. Their reasons: insurance coverage and protection, discounts, etc. Because almost all of the teachers at my school were members, I thought it was a wise decision. I've been a member ever since and the campus rep for too many years to even count. Keep up the good work, ATPE, and remember, everyone, Teach the Vote!"

No comments: