Friday, August 23, 2013

Robert Powell | Katy ISD (retired)

"I was recruited to ATPE by my brother. At the midpoint of my lif,e I had a career change. I had said that one thing I never wanted to do was become a teacher. You see, my older brother, Jim, was a schoolteacher, and he kept on me to do it. When I was 40, I decided to make that career change. Eventually I fell into the teaching profession. The first thing Jim told me was that I had to join a professional organization. I didn't think I needed that; after all, I really didn't think I was going to teach, but as it turned out I did. After much pressure from him, I joined ATPE, and I will admit it was the absolute best move I ever made. I got so much out of my ATPE membership, including legal support for a case ATPE helped me win. Even though my brother Jim is no longer with us, I am proud that I listened to him and followed his direction. I miss him, but I am happy with my years of experience with ATPE."

No comments: