Monday, August 5, 2013

Jennifer Bowland | Mansfield ISD

"I originally came to the district as a substitute, and then the following school year in 2005, I joined the district as a paraprofessional for SPED Content Mastery ELA. One of the SPED teachers I was working with was Debby Skinner, and she was the campus rep at DP Morris and was involved as a local unit officer. She asked me to join ATPE, and I have been a member ever since. Without her asking me, I would have never been asked to be a campus rep on my campus when I was a new teacher. In addition, without knowing her, I would have never been encouraged to explore local events and find out how I could become more involved. This in turn led me to serving as LAN coordinator and secretary, and this year I will serve as our president. I am very fortunate to be involved in such a wonderful organization, and I owe it to Debby Skinner who introduced me first to ATPE."

No comments: