Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MaElena Ingram | McAllen ISD

MaElena Ingram and Alafair Hammett, ATPE's first state president, reunite at the 2013 ATPE Summit.
"In September of 1982, a group of Rio Grande Valley ATPE founding members drove to Zapata and helped us establish our Zapata local unit. Among those founding members was Ms. Alafair Hammett. She introduced herself to our Zapata group and proceeded to explain to us the benefits of ATPE membership. I joined that evening and have been a leader in this teacher owned-teacher governed organization for the past 32 years. I have experienced major changes in ATPE and in education these past three decades, and I feel blessed to have been introduced to an organization that has allowed me to grow as an individual and a professional because it truly supports my 'freedom to teach.' At the 2013 ATPE Summit, I had the honor of being reunited with Ms. Alafair ... she remains as sweet as I remember her and remains a firm believer in the ATPE philosophy."

No comments: